Nursery Nurse / Assistant /Otley, West Yorkshire
- £6.75 - £7.50 per hour,
We are looking for Early Years Assistants to work for a well-established family run nursery in Otley. The nursery offers top quality care and education for children aged 0-5 years. All the team pride themselves in being caring and happy adults who enjoy looking after the communities loved ones.
What is involved in the role?
- Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery, in particular your key children.
- Give support to other members of the nursery team.
- Provide high standards of customer care for families who bring children to the nursery.
- Contribute to a planning and delivering programme of activities suitable to the age range of children that you are working with in conjunction with other staff
- Make written observations and plan next steps for individuals and groups of children’s learning and development.
- Specific childcare tasks:
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- Attend staff meetings and other activities outside working hours
What experience and skills do you need?
- Experience with children under the age of five, either paid or voluntary
- Knowledge of how children grow and change from birth to five
- Ability to write legibly and good presentation skills
- No qualifications are essential for this position
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
The decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV, so please ensure your CV is up to date. We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
23rd October 2017
Job Searching: How to Learn from Rejection
The chances of landing the first job you apply for... Read more
9th October 2017
The "human" aspect of human resources
Our guest blog this month is from Lyn Creasey ay L... Read more
9th October 2017
Improve performance with effective performance management
Performance management is an ongoing process where... Read more