Technical Development Manager /Field based
- Salary: Competitive,
This leading independent UK based, global distributor of speciality chemicals to the cosmetics and personal care are looking to recruit a Technical Development Manager for the Personal Care business area.
The role will be responsible for the promotion of key focus products to customers in the market place and will be expected to maximise the conversion of these product enquiries into sales.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and manage and regularly update CRM project pipeline.
- Project a professional, competent and efficient image of the Company at all times.
- Ensure actions arising from the visit are communicated to the relevant department immediately, e.g. sample, e-mail, letter etc.
- Update visit schedules on a weekly basis.
- Must have technical expertise in the full range of chemicals offered by the company.
- Offer expertise and experience from Personal Care product manufacture and development
- Visit technical departments and R & D departments to ensure the company is involved at the inception of new products and can offer a portfolio of ingredients for approval.
- Initiation, implementation and management of technical projects (as required).
- Carry out joint visits with relevant UK and International account managers and suppliers.
- Manage information effectively with the technical/sales/business management department at all times.
- Provide a monthly review of the key accounts for business managers, technical and sales.
- Provide technical product presentations to the sales team and customers.
- Ensure reports are written promptly for each visit.
- Formulation development, concept development, trends analysis and customer technical service in the company application laboratory.
- Technical management of key speciality principles.
- Technical coordination of exhibitions and customer training events.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Chemistry Degree or Equivalent – Essential
- Communication Skills – Essential
- Presentation Skills – Essential
- Full Driving Licence – Essential
- Outgoing personality – Essential
- Working within a team - Essential
- Working in chemical/science environment – Essential
- Personal care production experience - Essential
- Personal Care formulation development - Essential
- Working in a commercial environment - Desirable
- Chemical Knowledge – Essential
- Computer Literate – Essential
- Bench Chemistry and Formulation Development – Essential
- Personal Care Formulation Development - Essential
- Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Field based position
Please apply with a full and up to date CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
At Key Appointments (UK) Ltd, we guarantee to confirm receipt of your application within 2 working days. The decision of suitability against this role will be based on the information contained in your CV and cover letter. Due to the high numbers of applications we receive, we are regretfully unable to provide specific feedback to all applications.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
19th June 2018
Protecting candidate data during and after recruitment
We’re sure, like us, you’ve been overloaded with e... Read more
24th May 2018
Benefits of recruiting a diverse workforce
If you are discriminating or you only attract a ce... Read more
21st April 2018
5 changes employers need to know about
Employment law is always changing, making it diffi... Read more