Service Delivery Engineer /York, North Yorkshire
- Salary: Competitive,
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Delivery Engineer to join a growing company in York who supply businesses with telecoms systems and cloud based managed solutions.
As Service Delivery Engineer, you will act as the first point of contact for customers who have contacted us to report issues and faults relating to their service. The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution. This will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolved problems at the first point of contact and/or escalating the fault.
This is a challenging and rewarding support position which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products including; Hosted Voice, firewalls and/or WAN (wide area networks) technologies; multiple different types of connectivity (e.g Leased Lines, EFM, xDSL, FTTC).
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated individual looking to build their career whilst working alongside a bunch of brilliantly talented people who strive to put extraordinary into everything they do. We’re looking for an ‘A player’ who can accomplish more in 5 hours than most people do in a couple of days. If you are one, and you know it. We'd like to meet you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with incoming incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Taking ownership of incidents and faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress.
- Correctly logging incidents, problems and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact incident resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed and cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams
- Manage a number of scheduled tasks for customers, designed to ensure that the customers systems remain operational
- Out-of-hours and/or on-call working is periodically required
Skills and experience:
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of networking principles and WAN technology
- Must meet at least one of the 3 options below (all 3 would be an advantage) but be willing to work towards the others;
- Must have an understanding of UTM feature of firewalls e.g. Policy Changes, Web filtering, Application Filtering
- Must have an understanding of router configuration management
- Must have a solid working understanding of Hosted Voice solutions and have supported them within a similar managed services environment.
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving
- Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
- Driven to learn and improve own skills, knowledge and capabilities
- Previously worked within a managed services environment would be desirable, but not essential.
- Salary: Competitve
- Full-time / Permanent - Mon-Fri / 9am-5pm
- Location: York
Please apply with an up to date CV which includes relevant experience.
This is a permanent role and Key Appointments (UK) Limited is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency in connection with this position. Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV’s we are receiving, we are unable to respond all applications. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of your application, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
19th June 2018
Protecting candidate data during and after recruitment
We’re sure, like us, you’ve been overloaded with e... Read more
24th May 2018
Benefits of recruiting a diverse workforce
If you are discriminating or you only attract a ce... Read more
21st April 2018
5 changes employers need to know about
Employment law is always changing, making it diffi... Read more