Purchasing Planner /Bradford
- £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for a Purchasing Planner in Bradford to manage the supply chain function from procurement, goods in, stock management, resource planning and supplier evaluation. This successful and growing engineering business is looking for a confident and process driven individual who is highly experienced in the purchasing field and from a manufacturing or engineering background.
The successful candidate will take full ownership for the purchasing function ensuring compliance with standards, controls, policies and guidelines and liaise with the wider management team to strategically manage materials and services.
You will be involved with reviewing existing systems and processes to achieve a smoother and more cohesive approach. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking for an autonomous role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Negotiate best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers
- Identify and research potential new suppliers
- Monthly reporting to senior management
- Monitor and maintain supplier and subcontractor approvals
- Prepare supplier agreements and confirm favourable terms of business
- Perform ongoing review of purchasing procedures
- Introduce, manage and control stock control system
- Responsible for stocktaking and control
- Support onsite works, taking responsibility for the materials and suppliers selected
- Proven experience in a purchasing role including inventory and supplier management
- Experience in the following sectors – manufacturing, engineering, construction
- CIPS Level 3 or above would be useful however not essential
- IT Literate – familiar with an electronic resource planning system (ERP) i.e. Synergist
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Hands on capability with a strong and determined work ethic
- A team player who is adaptable, organised and professional
- Detail orientated, thorough and methodical
- Demonstrate authority, drive and strong commitment
- Excellent relationship building skills
Details of Employment
- Full time / Permanent
- Location: Thornton, Bradford (BD)
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000 depending experience
Please apply with an up to date CV.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
By applying for this role, you give consent for your CV to be used in connection with this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV`s we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond all applications. Should you not be shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
19th September 2018
How to have difficult conversations with employees
Conversations about poor performance, job losses o... Read more
29th August 2018
Successful change requires successful communication
Many people think that employees are resistant to... Read more
9th August 2018
Workplace communication: are you getting it wrong?
Isn’t it frustrating when colleagues or employees... Read more