Production Operative /Runcorn, Cheshire
- Excellent Salary,
The Company is looking for a Production Operative to work at their plant in Cheshire.
As Production Operative, you will be responsible for filling, packing, labelling and despatch of product in a variety of drums and cylinders whilst maintaining the highest levels of Health and Safety on an upper tier COMAH facility.
You will be expected to ensure that all relevant paperwork relating to the onsite activities are maintained and to use company equipment as directed and trained.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work and maintain the highest levels of Health and Safety, to take care of their own and other peoples welfare and to report any situation which may pose a serious or imminent threat to the wellbeing of all
- To report all accidents, incidents and near misses
- Handling of incoming empty packages and raw materials
- Safe pack storage
- To operate plant machinery to fill, pack and load products following standard operating procedures and in a safe and efficient manner
- Product integrity and security
- To follow all health, safety, environmental and security practices and procedures consistent with mandatory requirements and those laid down by the company
- Complete all product related documentation accurately and provide suitable handover to on-coming shift
- Maintain and practice good level of housekeeping and to report all equipment defects
- Work as part of a team to ensure targets are met whilst maintaining quality standards and maximising efficiency
- Identify areas for improvement and/or cost savings
- Strict adherence to company policy and procedures
- To participate in training programs and initiatives as required to perform their duties to the required level of competence necessary on a high hazard Upper Tier COMAH chemical handling facility
- To undertake any other relevant duty as reasonably requested by site management
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a manufacturing process environment or the chemical industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of working on a COMAH site would be desirable
- Current and valid counterbalance truck licence
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Organisation & Planning skills with the ability to plan and work to deadlines
- Computer literate
- Excellent team worker able to adapt to changing priorities
- Salary: Excellent salary
- Hours: 2 shift system Monday to Friday - 6am to 14.30pm & 11.00am – 19.30pm
- Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Permanent / Full-time
- To comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, you will be required as part of your employment process to undertake a pre-employment medical evaluation for the wearing and use of a respirator.
- There may be occasions when you are asked/required to work additional hours at either weekends or evenings.
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
At Key Appointments, we will confirm receipt of your CV by email within 2 working days. We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and would be more than happy to consider you for future advertised roles.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
19th June 2018
Protecting candidate data during and after recruitment
We’re sure, like us, you’ve been overloaded with e... Read more
24th May 2018
Benefits of recruiting a diverse workforce
If you are discriminating or you only attract a ce... Read more
21st April 2018
5 changes employers need to know about
Employment law is always changing, making it diffi... Read more