Office Manager / Bookkeeper /Otley, Leeds
- £23,000-£28,000 per annum dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for a highly experienced Office Manager to provide administrative support and carry out bookkeeping duties for this Otley based engineering company. The successful candidate will be accustomed to reviewing existing processes and be able to make recommendations for improving efficiency. The role will cover general office management, bookkeeping, human resources duties and sales & marketing support.
- Salary £23,000-£28,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Full-time / Permanent
Office Management duties include;
- Being first point of contact for all telephone calls
- Meeting and greeting visitors, ensuring that refreshments are offered
- Managing emails and collecting faxes, distributing to the appropriate department
- Sourcing and managing supplier relationships including but not limited to office equipment, stationery, IT, fire extinguishers, mobile telephones and company vehicles
- Managing filing systems and archive files both manual and online
Bookkeeping duties include;
- Producing and processing sales invoices, allocating payments
- Credit control duties and chasing outstanding payments
- Inputting, processing and allocating purchasing invoices and arranging payments
- Bank reconciliation and credit card reconciliation
- Inputting staff timesheets and sending to company accountant to process payroll
- Paying monthly wages by BACS transfer as reported by accountant
- Producing, submitting VAT Return and organising payment by BACS transfer
- Exporting data and reports from Quickbooks for Directors
- Managing Petty Cash and reconciling in Quickbooks
HR duties include;
- Ensuring that all relevant data is received from new starters
- Carrying out office induction for new starters
- Checking tax status of new subcontractors with HMRC
- Sending subcontractor packs to new subcontractors
- Keeping personnel training records up to date
Sales & Marketing Support duties include;
- Providing support to Directors and Engineers with proposals and new contracts
- Opening new quotes files and entering customer and projects details
- Opening new contracts files, pulling correspondence through from the quote
- Managing updates to the company website and any marketing collateral
- Updating and planning social media content
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- Previous experience in an office management role is essential
- You will have previous experience of bookkeeping / accounts
- Highly IT literate with experience of using databases and accountancy software
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to prioritise own work load and be flexible to adapt to work required
- Excellent communication skills and professional telephone manner
- Effective in identifying and resolving problems to improve business efficiency
- A self-starter who is willing to take ownership, is resourceful and persistent.
- Able to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Marketing skills would be an advantage
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
At Key Appointments, we will confirm receipt of your CV by email within 2 working days. We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and would be more than happy to consider you for future advertised roles.
- Office Manager / Bookkeeper - Otley, Leeds £23,000-£28,000 per annum dependent on experience. Read more...
- Financial Services Administrator / Paraplanner - Wakefield dependent on experience. Read more...
- Recruitment Advisor (part-time) - Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds £28,000 per annum (pro-rata). Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
16th January 2018
10 Top Tips for finding that dream job
new year usually means a new start for a lot of pe... Read more
2nd January 2018
How to conduct effective appraisals
Once you have the right people, you’ll want to ret... Read more
15th December 2017
Are you managing poor performance?
Many managers find it difficult to address poor pe... Read more