Management Accountant /Leeds
We have the opportunity to join a global distributor of speciality chemicals business based in Leeds City Centre as a Management Accountant.
As a Management Accountant, you will be required to assist the Finance Manager in producing group monthly management accounts, maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger and business analysis. The successful candidate will therefore have good knowledge of nominal ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger, profit and loss, balance sheet, bank reconciliations, accruals and prepayments as well as trial balance to full accounts.
The ideal applicant will be enthusiastic, conscientious and will enjoy working in a friendly and outgoing environment, looking to progress within the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare monthly management accounts for subsidiary Group Companies, investigating and explaining any variances versus budget and prior year.
- Assist with preparation of monthly prepayments and accruals schedule
- Reconciliation and declaration of consignment stock movements on a monthly basis.
- Daily cashbook maintenance and reconciliations
- Maintenance of sales & purchase ledger
- Assist with VAT calculations & submissions
- To update & report sales rep area figures.
- Completion of National Statistics requirements.
- Reconciliation of all GBP bank accounts.
- Assist with payroll calculations
- To deal with supplier queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Completing monthly intercompany reconciliations
- Maintaining customer rebate schedules
- Processing and posting of foreign currency supplier payments taking into account current cash flow position.
- Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations & investigating anomalies
- To maintain fixed asset registers and records for all Group Companies.
- To assist in the annual statutory audit & deal with queries in a professional manner
- To assist in the preparation of year-end financial statements & annual financial budgets
- To provide cover for other members of the department as required.
- To perform any other tasks that may reasonably be required within the Finance Department.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Good attention to detail and highly accurate
- Able to work on your own and as part of a team
- A good problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Good common Sense
- Experience with accountancy ledgers
- Experience using SAGE ERP / 1000 would be beneficial
- AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA part qualified
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full time: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Location: Leeds; Office based
Salary: Competitive – dependant on experience
Study support available on successful completion of probationary period
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
This is a permanent role and Key Appointments (UK) Limited is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency in connection with this position. Experience is required for this role and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV.
We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and we would be more than happy to consider you for future roles.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
10th July 2017
Key Appointments is celebrating!
After eight years of placing talented candidates i... Read more
7th July 2017
Engage & Grow: Growing your business through employee engagement
Employee engagement is best described as an approa... Read more
26th June 2017
Are you neglecting your intrapreneurs?
Intrapreneurship is being adopted by more and more... Read more