Internal Account Manager - Chemicals /Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience,
We have the opportunity for a graduate to join a global distributor of speciality chemicals business based in Leeds City Centre as an Internal Account Manager. This can be either a full-time position or part time hours will be considered as a job share. The successful candidate(s) will provide exceptional customer service and be responsible for retaining and developing existing and new customer relationships.
As Internal Account Manager, you will work as part of a Buddy System, paired with an external account manager; and be responsible for looking after a set of accounts, dealing with customer enquiries relating to products, orders and pricing (by email/phone) and performing administrative duties.
The ideal candidate would be a recent science graduate who can provide exceptional customer service and be responsible for retaining and developing existing and new customer relationships.
- Action all incoming enquiries, completing quotations and responding to sample requests promptly and all related administrative tasks.
- Process and follow up all sample requests and apply charges where appropriate.
- Transcribe full and accurate order details onto the system in line with customer requirement and company procedure.
- Promptly and polity answer telephone calls.
- Communicate to customers all stock related issues offering alternatives where possible.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with company products/service and share any deficiencies to the appropriate departments and escalate to management any issues that could result in opportunity loss.
- Seek and report any competitive insight to inform strategy and purchasing/pricing tactics.
- Provide intensive support to Account Managers and cover for all area as and when required.
- Comprehensively promote company product range and services
- Perform outbound proactive sales calls as directed by Account Managers and use of own initiative.
- Meet/exceed agreed monthly, quarterly, annual sales/customer service targets
- Develop intimate knowledge of customer business activity and supply opportunities.
- Build customer loyalty to ensure the company are always given an opportunity to quote.
- Establish and build effective working relationships with key departments such as Technical, Purchasing, Business Management and Credit Control.
- Perform joint visits with Account Manager to further strengthen relationships
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A Chemistry or Science related Degree
- Previous experience in a similar customer service role is required
- Experience in a sales environment is desirable
- Accustomed to delivering a high standard of customer service
- Excellent communication / negotiation skills and telephone manner
- Well organised with good planning skills
- Able to carry out mathematical calculations
- Good standard of Education with Grades C and above in Maths and English
- IT Literate with experience of using Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of the chemical industry/products/services is desirable
Internal Account Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week (full time opportunity or job share)
Salary: Competitive Salary dependent on experience plus performance based bonus
Location: Leeds City Centre
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
This is a permanent role and Key Appointments (UK) Limited is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency in connection with this position. Experience is required for this role and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV.
We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and we would be more than happy to consider you for future roles.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
21st April 2018
5 changes employers need to know about
Employment law is always changing, making it diffi... Read more
3rd April 2018
Is lack of interview feedback damaging your employer brand?
For candidates, job interviews are like walking a... Read more
7th March 2018
Which interview techniques are right for your business?
Once you have clarified the role, advertised the p... Read more