Grounds Maintenance and Woodland Operative /North of England
- Salary: Competitive,
We have a superb opportunity for a part-time Grounds Maintenance and Woodland Operative to carry out seasonal maintenance duties at our planting sites in the North of England for a growing Memorial Charity.
As Grounds Maintenance and Woodland Operative, your main duties will include grass cutting, hedge cutting, tree planting and other general maintenance activities.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of grounds maintenance and feel comfortable working with a variety of machinery and driving company vehicles. A proven ability to work under your own initiative, a focus on quality and efficiency and an understanding of health and safety are also important.
Applicants must be willing to work outdoors in all weathers and be able to work weekends when required (the post requires applicants to work three days out of seven). The successful applicant is required to work alongside the general public and will need the ability to communicate and work well with others.
Previous experience would be useful however training will be provided.
- Part-time – 3 days per week (8 hours per day) Possible occasional weekend work
- Salary: Competitive hourly rate of pay with valuable and rewarding training
- Location: Based in Oldham, covering the North of England
The role involves;
- The planting of Memorial Tree and /or replacement of Memorial Trees
- Landscape ground maintenance, grass cutting using motor powered equipment
- Weed control, digging out and chemical control
- External ground cleaning and litter management
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs and hedges
- Mix and spread fertilizers
- An advocate for the Charity and its beneficiaries
- Maintain the upkeep pathways, car parks, planters and other features
- Follow all safe systems of work provided when using motorized equipment
- Ensuring that all the memorial forests are well maintained
- Ensuring that all activities undertaken are done so safely and effectively in line with best practise and health and safety standards
- Ensuring that all the charity’s machinery and equipment is looked after and maintained.
- Working in conjunction with colleagues on the grounds team under direction from senior staff (CEO, Deputy CEO and Operations Manager)
- Working in conjunction and liaising with colleagues in the office to deliver client requests and plantings
- Working with volunteers to deliver community based activities
- To deal with and work alongside the charity’s partner, landowners and other organisations to insure the memorial forest areas are meeting their objectives and expectations.
Skills and Experience Required;
- Enthusiastic approach to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to problem solve and work under your own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Able to understand and work within industry Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to manage and respond quickly to directions from colleagues to positively meet customer needs and feedback
- Demonstrate the ability to respect and protect wildlife, other plant life and environmental impact around the grounds
- Experience and knowledge of working on land-based activities and managing woodland would be an advantage
- Ability to use Ride-On Lawn Mowers and Strimmers (Any NPTC or equivalent competency certification) would be beneficial
- First aid or Health and Safety training accreditation (IOSH or equivalent) would be desirable
- A B + E driving entitlement is advantageous.
Please apply with an up to date CV which includes relevant experience.
This is a permanent role and Key Appointments (UK) Limited is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency in connection with this position. Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV’s we are receiving, we are unable to respond all applications. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of your application, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
7th March 2018
Which interview techniques are right for your business?
Once you have clarified the role, advertised the p... Read more
2nd March 2018
Preparing for Interview Success
If you’ve been applying for new jobs or have your... Read more
20th February 2018
Top 10 tips for conducting productive telephone interviews
Telephone interviews can be very beneficial in the... Read more