Finance Assistant /Bury, Lancashire
- £18,000 per annum,
This leading independent UK based, distributor for manufacturers who supply speciality raw material is looking for a Finance Assistant to join their team in Bury, Lancashire.
As Financial Assistant, your main responsibilities will be to provide financial and administrative assistance and support to the sales manufacturing and technical development teams as well as providing excellent customer service in line with Company standards.
- Accurately collating and inputting customer and financial records on to SAGE and the CRM system
- Creating and submitting monthly financial reports in line with Company requirements
- Ensuring the timely processing of expense claims, and maintaining the petty cash and credit accounts
- Assisting with the general day-to-day duties of the administration team
- Effective management of the all Company ledgers
- Production and distribution of customer and supplier statements
- Management of Customer and supplier payment reconciliation
- accurately recording and monitoring all bank transactions including bank and RBSIF reconciliations
- Credit control, followed up with Debt recovery procedures if and when necessary
- Assisting in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spread sheets, reports and correspondence for all departments
- Ensuring compliance with corporate procedures relating to finance, personnel and health and safety matters
- Providing outstanding customer service at all opportunities
- Operational support to other departments including the sales, manufacturing and technical development team
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Sound experience within a similar financial and/or administrative role
- Strong experience and understanding of Sage 200 Accounts Package
- Knowledge of relevant and statutory banking, VAT and financial regulations and processed
- Impressive numerical capabilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, Outlook, Sage accounting package and CRM
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with a methodical approach
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Good communications skills - written and verbal
- A team-player
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Salary: £18,000 per annum
- Location: Bury, Lancashire
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
This is a permanent role and Key Appointments (UK) Limited is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency in connection with this position. Experience is required for this role and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV.
We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and we would be more than happy to consider you for future roles.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
21st April 2018
5 changes employers need to know about
Employment law is always changing, making it diffi... Read more
3rd April 2018
Is lack of interview feedback damaging your employer brand?
For candidates, job interviews are like walking a... Read more
7th March 2018
Which interview techniques are right for your business?
Once you have clarified the role, advertised the p... Read more