Finance Assistant /Leeds
- £20,000-£22,000 per annum, dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join a growing company in Kirkstall, Leeds. The role includes a variety of finance tasks but also includes some HR administration and regulatory reporting duties on behalf of the company.
This is a small team, so you will be a team player and be happy to support other areas of the business when needed. Ideally you will be AAT qualified however it’s more imperative that you have experience in a varied finance role.
- Salary: £20,000-£22,000 dependent on experience
- Full-time / Permanent
- Mon-Fri / 9am-5pm
Responsibilities would include;
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts and dealing with basic bookkeeping
- Processing and paying invoices, recording receipts and payments
- Preparing and checking ledger balances and other monthly and yearly accounts
- Completing and submitting tax returns, VAT returns and National Insurance contributions
You will need to have;
- Previous experience in a finance role is essential
- You will have comprehensive knowledge in all areas of finance
- Experience of dealing with foreign currency would be ideal
- You will be a team player and be happy working in a small team
- Great attention to detail is required along with good communication skills
- Competent IT skills in Microsoft Office packages and Accounting software
- Arranging payments to suppliers
- Bank account and funding management
- Reconciliations and postings to Sage
- Costing of import shipments and bulk repacks
- Posting and checking of supplier currency invoices
- Monitoring of exchange rates
- Currency and overseas payments
- Reconciliation of exchange gains/losses
- Payroll preparation and submissions to HMRC
- Pension scheme compliance for maintenance and contribution uploads
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment
- Ensure HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- Health & Safety management and review
- RSPO – compliance and audits
- ISO Quality Manager – external and internal audits plus document control
- Packaging & Waste Regulations – data submissions
- Intrastat – preparation of declarations
- Assist with reconciliations and reporting requirements
- Review and recommendation for improvements of procedures and work instructions
- Relocation/Replacement evaluation and assistance
- Support and provide cover for the Accounts Assistant
Please apply with an up to date CV which includes relevant experience.
This is a permanent role and Key Appointments (UK) Limited is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency in connection with this position. Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV’s we are receiving, we are unable to respond all applications. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of your application, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- PA to Headmaster - Yeadon, Leeds £30,000-£35,000 per annum. Read more...
- Internal Account Manager - Chemicals - Leeds, West Yorkshire Competitive Salary dependent on experience. Read more...
- Trainee Sales Account Manager - Cross Green Industrial Estate, Leeds £16,000-£17,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
20th February 2018
Top 10 tips for conducting productive telephone interviews
Telephone interviews can be very beneficial in the... Read more
23rd January 2018
How to recruit the right people
Now the festive period is over and we are settling... Read more
16th January 2018
10 Top Tips for finding that dream job
new year usually means a new start for a lot of pe... Read more