External Account Manager - Chemicals /Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £Competitive Salary and Benefits Package,
Do you have a life science degree or chemical sales experience and love account management and new business sales? This leading UK based, global distributor of speciality chemicals is looking for an External Account Manager to maintain and develop existing customer accounts as well as prospecting for new opportunities within Scotland.
As External Account Manager, you will join our friendly team to cover Scotland & NE England sales region. The role involves managing a set of key accounts in the region of Scotland and North of England; building and maintaining lasting customer relationships and looking to add to our current customer portfolio in a growing market in the sales region.
The ideal candidate will need to be highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take pride in the day to day smooth running of their area. A typical day will involve dealing with customer enquiries relating to products, orders and pricing (by email/phone) undertaking face to face business to business meetings in order to promote our range of surfactants and speciality chemicals. We are also looking for someone that can be creative and imaginative when providing solutions and do everything possible to ensure customer satisfaction and grow our business.
This role would suit an individual looking for an exciting challenge working for a growing, successful and innovative company where your hard work and creativity is highly valued.
The role offers a great deal of freedom and autonomy to make decisions and the chance to constantly develop and utilise expertise; by developing an intimate knowledge of customers and the chemical industry AND by comprehensively promoting company product ranges and services. The role also offers the chance to be proactive and develop new business, taking ownership of opportunities that will prove lucrative and rewarding from start to finish.
Our head office is based in the heart of Leeds City Centre our modern offices are just a five-minute walk from the train station. As well as a competitive salary and bonuses, we offer a generous employer contribution pension scheme, private health care plan and child care vouchers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the product range and services to all current and prospective customers within designated geographic/account responsibility.
- Lead all price and service negotiations within agreed commercial parameters.
- Prepare quotations/respond to price requests/respond to sample and information requests rapidly and comprehensively to create best customer impression.
- Accurately document customer meetings and establish rigorous follow up mechanisms to maintain momentum and close sales deals.
- Direct and support outbound sales call activity with internal sales.
- Meet/exceed agreed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and performance targets.
Salary: £Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Location: Scotland region
Permanent / Full-time / Home Based
Please apply with a full and up to date CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
At Key Appointments (UK) Ltd, we guarantee to confirm receipt of your application within 2 working days. The decision of suitability against this role will be based on the information contained in your CV and cover letter. Due to the high numbers of applications we receive, we are regretfully unable to provide specific feedback to all applications.
- Office Manager / Bookkeeper - Otley, Leeds £23,000-£28,000 per annum dependent on experience. Read more...
- Financial Services Administrator / Paraplanner - Wakefield dependent on experience. Read more...
- Recruitment Advisor (part-time) - Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds £28,000 per annum (pro-rata). Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
16th January 2018
10 Top Tips for finding that dream job
new year usually means a new start for a lot of pe... Read more
2nd January 2018
How to conduct effective appraisals
Once you have the right people, you’ll want to ret... Read more
15th December 2017
Are you managing poor performance?
Many managers find it difficult to address poor pe... Read more