Early Years Assistant /Otley, West Yorkshire
- Salary: £5.90 - £7.85 per hour,
We are looking for part-time Early Years Assistants / Nursery Assistants to work in a well established nursery in Otley. The nursery is rated Outstanding by Ofsted and all of the team pride themselves in offering the highest standards in care and education to the communities loved ones.
We are a supportive team and the children benefit from spending time with adults who are committed to doing their best for children and each other.
- Cover Staff - Part Time (Monday – Friday) – casual contract
- Salary: £5.90 - £7.85 per hour (dependent on experience national minimum wage and living wage applies)
- Location: Otley, Leeds
- Would suit individuals looking for hours to fit around other work/commitments
- Potential permanent opportunities available
What is involved in the role?
- Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery, in particular your key children.
- Give support to other members of the nursery team.
- Provide high standards of customer care for families who bring children to the nursery.
- Contribute to a planning and delivering programme of activities suitable to the age range of children that you are working with in conjunction with other staff
- Make written observations and plan next steps for individuals and groups of children’s learning and development.
- Specific childcare tasks:
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- Attend staff meetings and other activities outside working hours
What experience and skills do you need?
- Experience with children under the age of five, either paid or voluntary
- Knowledge of how children grow and change from birth to five
- Ability to write legibly and good presentation skills
- No qualifications are essential for this position
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
The decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV, so please ensure your CV is up to date. We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
21st April 2018
5 changes employers need to know about
Employment law is always changing, making it diffi... Read more
3rd April 2018
Is lack of interview feedback damaging your employer brand?
For candidates, job interviews are like walking a... Read more
7th March 2018
Which interview techniques are right for your business?
Once you have clarified the role, advertised the p... Read more