Buyer / Planner (Graduate) /Leeds
- Salary - Competitive, based on experience,
This leading independent UK based, surfactant distribution company of household names across the personal care, industrial and pharmaceutical markets is looking for a graduate Buyer / Planner to join their Purchasing team in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the main responsibility of this key position is to negotiate with suppliers of assigned products and to ensure that products are purchased at the right cost and delivery terms, allowing the department to run smoothly.
The ideal candidate will need to be highly organised with an ability to work under pressure with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Good numerical skills are a must!
A typical day would include managing stock levels, approving new products, as well as dealing with any price discrepancies. The role would also involve carrying out quarterly supplier appraisals to maximise delivery and quality performance.
The role offers a great deal of freedom and autonomy to make decisions with the chance to constantly develop and utilise expertise; by developing an intimate knowledge of suppliers and the chemical industry. The role also offers the chance to be proactive and develop new business, taking ownership of opportunities that will prove lucrative and rewarding from start to finish.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To project a professional, competent and efficient image of the Company and Department at all times
- To negotiate with suppliers of assigned products, to ensure that products are purchased at the lowest cost and the best delivery terms.
- To order product as required from approved suppliers according to the appropriate work instruction.
- To proactively manage slow moving stock
- To be responsible for the completion of purchase orders, including communication of status with other depts. and timely recommendation of action to avoid stock-out (e.g. alternative suppliers)
- To develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, negotiating effectively with them as required.
- On a day to day level, resolve all delivery incidents supporting the purchasing assistant. Carry out quarterly supplier appraisals for purchased suppliers to maximise delivery and quality performance. Work alongside Business Managers with their suppliers if required.
- Manage stock levels in line with the company stock policy and company stock objectives. Work alongside Business Managers to manage their products.
- Ensure new suppliers are fully approved using appropriate documentation and information passed to the purchasing team.
- To provide accurate pricing to UK and Export.
- To deal with all price discrepancies with Suppliers.
- Deal with and respond to all Accounts queries raised.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have a chemical or science related degree
- Supplier Development
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Literate (basic Word, Excel)
- Work under pressure
- Fully or part qualified CIPS
- Experience of Chemical Purchasing
- Experience within the Chemical industry
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment: Full time permanent position (35 hours per week)
Location: Head office based in Leeds city centre
Salary: Competitive - based on experience
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
This is a permanent role and Key Appointments (UK) Limited is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency in connection with this position. Experience is required for this role and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV.
We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and we would be more than happy to consider you for future roles.
- Office Manager / Bookkeeper - Otley, Leeds £23,000-£28,000 per annum dependent on experience. Read more...
- Financial Services Administrator / Paraplanner - Wakefield dependent on experience. Read more...
- Recruitment Advisor (part-time) - Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds £28,000 per annum (pro-rata). Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
16th January 2018
10 Top Tips for finding that dream job
new year usually means a new start for a lot of pe... Read more
2nd January 2018
How to conduct effective appraisals
Once you have the right people, you’ll want to ret... Read more
15th December 2017
Are you managing poor performance?
Many managers find it difficult to address poor pe... Read more