- 22k-25k per annum, depending on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
This leading Components Distributor in Leeds is recruiting for a highly organised Buyer to join their growing company. Working with the General Manager and Sales Manager on a regular basis, you will liaise with existing suppliers as well as a strong focus on sourcing new suppliers/products in line with agreed strategic goals.
You will initially be involved with procuring stock within the UK with the potential to take ownership of established international suppliers over time. Sourcing of new products will primarily focus on the Far East with guidance from the General Manager and existing representative in China
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous purchasing experience however candidates who have worked in a commercial role with transferrable skills will be considered. It is essential that you have strong commercial acumen, good organisation skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining attention to detail.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Source new products and suppliers, working to a brief from GM and Sales Manager
- Procure products as required from approved suppliers
- Complete and raise purchase orders
- Communicate order status with other departments
- Ensure new suppliers are fully approved and set up
- Manage stock levels in line with the company stock objectives
- Proactively manage slow moving stock
- Monitor trends and buying patterns
- Resolve any delivery problems and order discrepancies
- Occasionally attending meetings with suppliers
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous purchasing experience is preferred
- Good commercial acumen to be able to communicate with suppliers
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Able to work in a fast-paced role whilst maintaining accuracy
- Analytical skills to review trends and buying patterns
- Excellent IT skills and experience of using a stock management system
- Driving licence would be preferred
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time / Permanent
- Location: Cross Green, Leeds (LS9)
- Salary: £22,000-£25,000 depending on previous purchasing experience
Please apply with an up to date CV.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
To ensure that we can confirm receipt of your application, please ensure that your email address is provided in your CV. You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of your application (Monday-Friday).
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not contacted sooner, you will be notified within 30 days as to the outcome of your application.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
19th June 2018
Protecting candidate data during and after recruitment
We’re sure, like us, you’ve been overloaded with e... Read more
24th May 2018
Benefits of recruiting a diverse workforce
If you are discriminating or you only attract a ce... Read more
21st April 2018
5 changes employers need to know about
Employment law is always changing, making it diffi... Read more