Building Inspector /Bradford, West Yorkshire
- £27,000 per annum,
Due to expansion, we are looking for an experienced Building Inspector for a leading home improvements company based in Bradford, Yorkshire.
As a Building Inspector, you be responsible for managing and coordinating the building teams, and inspecting the groundwork (footings) and all building work (bases) against building survey specification.
You will also be responsible for managing customer expectations and resolving any issues that may arise in a timely manner.
Inspections will be carried out at customer’s addresses across Yorkshire so a company van will be provided, you therefore must have a current driving licence.
- A high standard of proven experience in building works
- Ability to read and understand building survey plans to check work in progress and plan timescale of new orders
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively to customers i.e. to be articulate
- To sign off sub-contractors invoice of works completed
- Expected to conduct many on site visits in all sorts of weather therefore they need to be energetic and self-motivated.
- Conscientious towards quality of work and a strong sense of commitment to meeting business targets.
- Proficient writing skills
- Customer focused with a positive attitude
- A Full UK Driving Licence
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Hours: Full time permanent role (7.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday)
Company vehicle (van) – business mileage paid
28 days holiday pay
If you are interested in applying for the role, please apply with a CV or general overview of your experience. The decision of suitability will be based on the information provided by you, so please tell us as much information as possible.
We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
7th March 2018
Which interview techniques are right for your business?
Once you have clarified the role, advertised the p... Read more
2nd March 2018
Preparing for Interview Success
If you’ve been applying for new jobs or have your... Read more
20th February 2018
Top 10 tips for conducting productive telephone interviews
Telephone interviews can be very beneficial in the... Read more