Account Manager - Chemical /Scotland
- Competitive Salary and Benefits package,
This leading independent UK based, global distributor of speciality chemicals is looking for an Account Manager to maintain and develop existing customer accounts as well as prospecting for new opportunities within Scotland.
Dealing with clients in the cosmetics and personal care, household, industrial and institutional cleaning, pharmaceutical and industrial chemicals markets, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing existing accounts as well as prospecting for new opportunities.
You will be expected to attract, build and maintain business through effective promotion of the company’s products and services and will be responsible for all sales activity to maximise sales and margin performance across the account portfolio within the area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the product range and services to all current and prospective customers within designated geographic/account responsibility.
- Lead all price and service negotiations within agreed commercial parameters.
- Prepare quotations/respond to price requests/respond to sample and information requests rapidly and comprehensively to create best customer impression.
- Accurately document customer meetings and establish rigorous follow up mechanisms to maintain momentum and close sales deals.
- · Direct and support outbound sales call activity with internal sales.
- · Meet/exceed agreed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and performance targets.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Sales Account Management
- Chemical industry/products/services
- Commercial or techno-commercial role in B2B environment, Personal Care, Cleaning, or Chemical industry
- Graduate or equivalent (Life Science or Business preferable)
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Commercial acumen
- Organisation & Planning
- Presentation skills
- Good telephone and face to face relationship skills
- Computer literacy (Basic Word and Excel)
- Numeric agility
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 3+ years chemical/raw material sales experience
Salary: £Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Location: Scotland region
Permanent / Full-time / Home Based
Please apply with a full and up to date CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
At Key Appointments (UK) Ltd, we guarantee to confirm receipt of your application within 2 working days. The decision of suitability against this role will be based on the information contained in your CV and cover letter. Due to the high numbers of applications we receive, we are regretfully unable to provide specific feedback to all applications.
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
23rd October 2017
Job Searching: How to Learn from Rejection
The chances of landing the first job you apply for... Read more
9th October 2017
The "human" aspect of human resources
Our guest blog this month is from Lyn Creasey ay L... Read more
9th October 2017
Improve performance with effective performance management
Performance management is an ongoing process where... Read more